1. It never goes out of style. Fashions are constantly repeating – so why waste money on new reproductions of old styles when you can wear the old styles themselves?
2. It’s one-of-a-kind. While this is not completely true, you’ll still be hard pressed to find someone with the exact same piece, albeit, worn or displayed in the same way.
3. It can be inexpensive. I’m no Daddy Warbucks & while I’m waiting on my lottery winnings, I’ll spend my coins on the inexpensive vintage that I love. There is higher-end vintage and when my winnings come I’ll buy those pieces as well.
4. It has a unique smell. I know not alone on this but I love the way old books smell. It’s intoxicating and gets me amped to go through stacks and stacks of ’em
5. It’s environmentally friendly. I’m not the biggest eco-champion, but I try to do my part. You know, it’s a wonderful thing – Vintage items can be re-purposed and even reimagined.
6. It reminds me of my Mom. She introduced me to flea markets & thrift stores. We had many adventurous trips through the miles of aisles of the local jumble sales when I was younger.
7. It’s like jumping into a Time Machine. Let’s do the time warp again! Vintage sets the stage for stepping back in time and re-visiting a time gone by.
8. It’s the Thrill of the Hunt: Finding a gem out of a hundreds of pieces is like a modern day treasure hunt and makes it much more treasured.
9. It’s a great Business Model. There are thousands of vintage business stores because there are millions of vintage pieces floating around the world!
10. There’s so much Variety. Vintage encompasses so many eras and time periods that there is a style for all types of vintage lovers; 40’s retro, 80’s hipster, the art nouveau of the 20’s … the list goes on. Zoom Zoom ZOOM – enjoy the ride!
- [Modified from the original post found at: etsy Vogue Team]